Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Film Review: Jackass 3D


Director: Jeff Tremaine
Writer: Preston Lacy
Stars: Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Bam Margera
Rated: MA 15+

Most of my close friends and family will know that there is no way I would choose to see the typical guy movie (toilet humour, blowing up people, no storyline, etc). So when my boyfriend suggested we go to see Jackass in 3D, I reluctantly agreed when he offered to pay! Sure, I vaguely knew the movie was about a group of guys who perform ridiculous stunts, (and I do laugh at toilet humour more often than not), but nothing would have prepared me for what I was about to witness...

As we were lining up for our tickets, I decided I probably shouldn’t order the giant popcorn and frozen coke as I had just eaten a rather large dinner. This turned out to be the best decision of the night. During Jackass, I witnessed a guy’s bottom disguised as a mountain. And yes, the mountain did explode, if you get my drift. By this stage, my dinner started churning in my stomach and I began to feel quite ill. But this was nothing compared to the dry-reaching I experienced when one of the guys lifted up a cup containing a fat man’s sweat...needless to say I buried my head in the seat before I saw him drink it (and violently regurgitate it only seconds later).

I must admit, I did giggle at a few of the mild stunts. There were guys super-gluing their chest hair together, riding bikes through hedges – you get the picture!

So basically I can sum up the movie in one sentence:  Johnny Knoxville and his bunch of g-string-wearing mates perform ridiculous stunts that involve poo, sweat, animals, big jumps, and vomit. And considering the audience would consist of mostly males, it needs to be visual with no complex storylines. Right girls?

1 star out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment